Principal Training Program
Creating a platform to empower entrepreneurial and educational leaders of excellence for all schools in
The education system in the city of Tel Aviv-Yafo seeks to deliver high quality, values-based, egalitarian and ground-breaking education. It integrates culture, content, and values for life based on democratic principles.
The Education Administration of the Municipality of Tel Aviv-Yafo together with the Israeli Ministry of Education, seeks to develop a training program for school principals which reflects the vision and unique challenges of the city’s educational system.
There are three key challenges that the principal training program seeks to address:
- Develop leaders who are aligned with the city’s educational vision
- Develop leaders who reflect and embrace the city’s diversity
- Develop leaders to address the national shortage of Principals
The program will aim to:
- Create a pipeline of highly trained educators who are candidates for the position of principal at schools in Tel Aviv-Yafo.
- Develop educational leadership across the city, which can spearhead groundbreaking, egalitarian and values-based education and effectively lead teams to achieve continuous improvement in their schools and excellent educational outcomes for their students.
- Serve as a model to other cities in Israel and around the world in terms of training and developing a professional community of principals who are aligned with the city’s vision and the unique challenges it faces.
The program will need to be designed to develop relevant knowledge, skills, values and methodologies for the school leaders of tomorrow, reflect the city’s three pillars of education, and promote tolerance and inclusivity (between the Arab and Jewish populations, religious and non-religious Jews, people with various disabilities, etc).
The Tel Aviv Foundation is seeking a philanthropic investment towards the development of a principal training program.
Requested donation: $100,000