Dolphinarium Beach transformation
Connecting the coastlines and establishing a Water Sports Education and Community Center
The Dolphinarium complex is located at an important point on the Tel Aviv-Yafo promenade: it connects the central and southern promenades to the city, and the city with the sea from east to west. The project will remove a major blockage between the city and the sea, expand the size of the coastal strip and restore the Dolphinarium beach as an attractive and accessible public beach.
It will include water sports, walking, and swimming, and encompass an area wide enough to accommodate both a high volume of human traffic and extended stays.
The project includes:
- Demolishing the Dolphinarium building (which is already underway) to make way for a Water Sports Community Center;
- Expanding the beach and the Charles Clore Park;
- Extending the promenade southwards;
- Creating new access roads from the city to the promenade and beach;
- Connecting the bike path along the Tel Aviv Promenade southward with the path along Charles Clore Park.
The Water Sports Community Center will be a two story building, designed to span the two levels of access – from the park and the beach. It will offer direct access to the water for the convenience of surfers and other water sports. Serving as a hub for the community, the structure is designed to enable a variety of different uses, with flexibility to adapt as required in the future.
Requested Donation: $12,000,000